At Apple A Day Supply we take checking and vetting our supply teachers very seriously. We follow government legislation and guidance from the Department for Education document called ‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education’. All office staff have a Diploma in Recruitment, training in NSPCC Safer Recruitment 2016, and complete rigorous in-house training in company policies including: Recruitment, Safeguarding, Confidentiality and Customer Service.
All supply teachers who join our agency go through the following:
- complete a formal application (no gaps in employment left unexplained)
- a face to face interview with two members of trained staff (specific questions regarding teaching and safeguarding are asked)
- are provided with a clear job description (including marking)
- read and sign our Safeguarding Policy
- are sent copies of company policies and guidance on supply teaching before they start
- are DBS checked
- QTS checked
- Teacher Identity checked
- 2 good references gained
- Prevent Training dated within 1 year
- Safeguarding Training dated within 1 year
When you book a teacher through us, we will send you a booking confirmation with everything that you will need to verify the teacher. They will bring their original DBS with them and a form of photographic ID.
If you are interested in working with us and would like a copy of our full Recruitment and Safeguarding Policies please call or email.